There are many people who are not aware of schizophrenia. This is a kind of mental disease which usually occurs either in the later years of adolescence or in the initial years of adulthood. However, it must be cleared that any person can suffer from this mental disease and in any age of the life. The schizophrenia symptoms differ from patient to patient.
Some of the most commonly seen schizophrenia symptoms include:
- Hallucinations: The patients suffering form these diseases usually hear certain unknown voices that are not heard by any person who is nearby him/her. In addition, these patients also smell, see things and feel taste which is generally not present or true.
- Delusions: The schizophrenia patients also falls into delusions such as they might be injured by somebody or sometimes even bear special and unique strengths and capabilities. However, whatever notions they feel are only delusions and not at all true.
- Bizarre behavior: This is also a very common symptom of schizophrenia. The patients generally behave in typical manner and perform various acts that appear very unsuitable and strange to other individuals nearby them.
- Negative symptoms: In this case the patients show lesser motive, interest, decreased cognitive operations and reduced emotional locutions. These people cannot express their feelings, are not able to maintain hygiene and also lack their conversation with new people.
- Disorganized speech: The patient speaks in a peculiar way such that their speech cannot be understood easily by other people. For instance: the topics or sentences that are under discussion either make no sense or the sentences are not related in any way. So, it becomes very difficult for other individuals to understand what the patient wants to express.
Apart from this, schizophrenia patients due to this mental sickness also face lower levels of abilities and focus. Not only their professional life but personal life is also suffered greatly. They show less attachment and love with their kids and also get detached from the society due to this peculiar behavior.
However, medications are available for the schizophrenia patients but do not show effective results. These drugs also have some side effects. Though, psychiatrist recommends the best treatments to their patients so as to cure them as much as possible.
Secondly, the family members must also cooperate with the patient. They must understand the kind of disorder the patient is experiencing. They should try their best to provide the best medications so as to control schizophrenia.
Sometimes, the schizophrenia patients are even admitted to the hospital when the disease reaches to its highest level. At this stage it becomes very difficult for the family members to deal with the patient. The patient is monitored regularly to control any of his/her abnormal behaviors.
Certain vocational programs are also organized for the schizophrenia patients. The family, relatives and friends must support and cooperate with the patient so as to help them to fight against the conflicts they are experiencing. This would also boost their will power, make them strong, build confidence and reduce their stress level.