Before looking at the remedies of urinary infection and pain, it is very important to know that what exactly is a urinary infection and what are the symptoms of this infection? The answer to these questions would make it easier to find remedies to the urinary infection.
Now as the name entails, urinary infection is an inflammation of urinary tract which is mostly caused due to a bacterial infection. The bacteria named as E. coli is considered as the most common bacteria to be involved in urinary infections especially the urinary tract infections. However, some other bacteria are also responsible for causing this infection.
These urinary infection symptoms are often annoying and painful. So, it is necessary to visit and doctor and start the treatment as soon as possible because if left untreated can even increase the problem and make it severe.
Usually, these infections are caused when the bacteria from outside enters in the urinary tract. Sexual intercourse and poor hygiene are the most common reasons for causing this kind of infection.
Some irritants like catheters etc. can also raise the chances of causing a UTI or a urinary infection by affecting the protective layer of the urinary tissues.
It is true that urine is a great means to eject and remove all impurities and chemicals from the body. Urine consists of strong antibiotic substances such as ammonia that are very necessary to protect the body. That is why urine has a characteristic odor. Urine is generally sterile under normal conditions. Below mentioned are some of the urinary infection symptoms:
- Discomfort or pain when urinating
- Difficulty in urination or frequent urination
- Sometimes due to infection due to pus cells there is also a kind of cloudy urine
- Blood in urine or light pink cast to urine due to blood
However, many of the urinary infections get clear up themselves with time, it is always good to consult a doctor and have proper medication for the infection.
Also, if the above mentioned urinary infection symptoms are accompanied by nausea, high fever, dizziness, back pain or abdominal pain consult a doctor immediately. In such situations the infection also spreads to kidneys many times and becomes life threatening.
Never take any drugs or antibiotics without any doctor’s advice. This would result in certain side effects sometimes and this mostly happens in urinary infection. So, only follow doctor’s advice and suggestions.
- The best way to overcome this problem is by maintaining proper hygiene. Females who are prone to urinary infections must maintain good hygiene. This would be a great remedy to deal with the problem.
- Keep the surroundings neat and clean. It is also recommended many times to have urination soon after sex.
- Drink plenty of water. Every one knows that drinking plenty of water is the best remedy for all the diseases. For urinary infections, urination will remove the bacteria and flush the system.
- Avoid sugary foods
- Less sweetened cranberry juice is also a urinary infection remedy.
- Orange and other fruit juices also help by enhancing acid content in the urine and decrease bacterial growth.