Infectious mononucleosis, also known as the kissing disease or mono, can be described as a condition caused by the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV). This ailment is characterized by a sore throat, fever, malaise and weakness. The virus, which is a member of the Herpes virus family, is mainly transferred from one person to the other, through saliva and therefore you can contract this disease if you kiss someone who has already been infected.
There are many remedies and treatment for Mono but some of the best measures are natural cure. Following are the most recommended home treatments for Mono:
- Take one teaspoon of ginseng root, one teaspoon of burdock root, one teaspoon of cayenne and the same amount of goldenseal root. Boil these ingredients in two cups of water until the water reduces to roughly half the original amount. The, let it cool and strain it. Taking about one cup of this therapeutic mixture (one or two tablespoons a time) is one of the best natural home remedies for Mononucleosis and its symptoms.
- Taking two tablespoon of coconut oil in the morning and two tablespoons in the evening is useful in reducing this disease.
- Drinking about 30 ml of cranberry juice (without extra sugar) for about one week serves as an effective home remedy to cure Mononucleosis.
- Aromatherapy and warm bath using extracts of bergamot oil, eucalyptus oil and lavender oil is highly beneficial in the treatment of Mononucleosis by reducing the symptom of fatigue.
- Elderflower and Yarrow are efficient natural home remedies for Mononucleosis especially in case the liver and spleen become affected by this disease.
- Cleavers and wild Indigo plant extracts help to cleanse the lymphatic system thereby aiding in the treatment of Mono in adults.
- Prepare a paste of Alangium by crushing two flowers of this herb and add this paste in a cup of water. Boil this mixture for about half an hour and then strain it. Drinking about 15 ml of this mixture three times a day for about a week is a valuable natural remedy for Mononucleosis treatment.
- Eating garlic on a regular basis is a simple home remedy that helps in getting rid of Mono or any other viral infection.
- Gargling with salt water is one of the easiest possible home remedies for Mononucleosis related severe sore throat.