Safe sex is very important which helps women from contacting human immunodeficiency virus also known as HIV and other lots of sexually transmitted diseases. It is been medically proven that I most of the cases HIV spreads because of unprotected vaginal or anal sex with infected person. The relationship in which one partner is HIV positive and the other partner is not is known as “serdiscordant”. There can be lots of issues among “serdiscordant” couples like how to do safe sex? And finding the correct way can be done by taking help of counsellor or through talking with each other.
How HIV spread?
HIV is transmitted through body fluids which includes blood, ejaculate, pre-ejaculate, breast milk and female genital fluids. Virus can enter in the other person’s body either through mucosa or through blood stream. HIV can also pass from mother to child while pregnancy or breast feeding.
How to do safe sex?
Safe sex can be termed as a sex when the vaginal secretion, blood and semen are not exchanged within sex partners. It is very important for partners to prevent the exchange of these body fluids when either of the partners is HIV infected. The partners should take advice from counselors in order to get best advice however safe sex includes:
- Women should prefer wear a female condom or the male should wear condom and should use a water based lubricant while having vaginal or anal sex.
- Oral sex with either woman or man has likely to have low risk of HIV transmission.
- It is advised not to share sex toys like dildos and couple should have their own collection of sex toys. Partners should consider thorough washing these sex toys with warm soapy water.
- Masturbation, massage, ejaculating, urinating on unbroken skin, cuddling, kissing and mutual masturbation are considered among safe sex activities.
- Woman should not rely on withdrawal method as pre ejaculate of an HIV positive partner can transmit HIV to the partner.
The practice of safe sex is more important even if you don’t know whether either of you has HIV as protective sex also help in preventing transmission of other STD.