Homeopathy medicines are effective in many functional and pathological disorders and so in the case of Mono. The one or more of the following specific homeopathic remedies are recommended for mono.
- Belladonna: for early stages of mononucleosis with sudden onset of fever.
- Ferrum phosphoricum: for individuals with the early stages of a fever accompanied by a painful cough and sore chest.
- Kali muriaticum: typically used for individuals with extremely swollen tonsils, but may also be useful for treating infectious mononucleosis when administered in conjunction with Ferrum phosphoricum.
- Mercurius : for individuals with a fever accompanied by profuse sweating, alternating hot and cold body temperature, weakness in the limbs and painful, aching bones, a bluish-red throat with a constant desire to swallow, excessive salivation, teeth marks around the edges of a swollen tongue, and tremendous thirst.
- Phytolacca: for pain caused by throat inflammation that radiates to the ears upon swallowing.
- Other helpful remedies include Lachesis, Conium, Hepar sulphuricum, and Baryta carbonica.