Hypertension or high blood pressure usually has no outer symptoms, and if present then they are very vague. There are many people who might not know that they have hypertension unless doctor makes them aware of the disease during their routine check-up. So, the disease is also known as a silent killer and one can only know about it is by getting checked his blood pressure.
Today, almost every person in this world has some tension whether personal or professional. This stress leads to many other problems. One such problem is hypertension. This disease can be easily diagnosed by checking the blood pressure. Blood pressure testing kits are available which can be used to check the blood pressure even at home.
Some of the common hypertension symptoms include:
- Feeling Tired: If you feel tired even after a full night’s sleep then it could be a symptom of hypertension.
- Blurred Vision: This could also happen due to hypertension. Sudden blurred vision can also lead to serious consequences. So, immediately visit a doctor.
- Nosebleed: This is also known as Epitaxis. High blood pressure also leads to bleeding of nose.
- Retinal Hemorrhage: This is also defined as bleeding in the retina of eyes.
- Confused: If you feel uncertain and confused about the routine life, it could be a sign of hypertension.
- Heartbeat Irregular: This might be caused due to hypertension. So, go and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Blood in Urine: If you see this symptom then get your blood pressures checked and start the treatment immediately.
- Headaches: This headache can be heavy, consistent or mild, especially a kind of pulsating headache that occurs behind the eyes.
- Dizziness and redface: This is also a sign of hypertension that results in blackouts and impaired vision.
- Fever: Sometimes headaches that occur due to hypertension might result in mild fever. So, this can also be a sign of hypertension.
Some of the other symptoms that are observed in a person suffering from high blood pressure include nervousness, palpitations, chest pains, excess perspiration, leg pain while walking, vomiting, and nausea, shortness of breath, frequent urination, restlessness and shortness of breath. Some of the rare hypertension symptoms include kidney failure, heart attacks, brain swelling, drowsiness, and coma.
However, there is no need to worry as many good treatments and medications are available to control the hypertension or the high blood pressure. This problem can be controlled by taking a proper diet rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals, and carbohydrates. In addition, exercise is also a good solution to this problem. The medications and drugs prescribed by the doctors help a lot to bring down the hypertension to normal range.
In this way, immediately consult a doctor if you see any of the above symptoms because it is easy to cure and control any problem in its early stage. Remember that if these symptoms are ignored and left untreated then it might result in damage to the heart, eyes, and kidney.