Mononucleosis is also known as the “mono disease”. This infection is caused by the Epstein Barr virus. This virus is a very common one and spreads by close personal contact with the infected person. The virus is passed on through the saliva of the infected person.
A romatherapy treatment is quite popular for treating mono symptoms. Following are some of the most common aromatherapy measures for treatment:
- Eucalyptus, bergamot and lavender essential oils are good options, and such a warm bath can help relieve fatigue.
- Garlic can also help a lot as it helps against viral infections.
- Wild Indigo and cleavers plant extracts are also believed to help cleanse the lymphatic system. Elder and yarrow flower have medicinal properties and are believed to0 help reduce the fever. If a sore throat is also one of the symptoms then gargling with salt water or licorice can be quite effective.
- Oils that are used for treatment of mono can reduce fever and malaise. The essential oils of eucalyptus, lavender, and bergamot can be diffused into the air using a vaporizer. These vapors when inhaled can help reduce the malaise, increasing energy levels and reducing tiredness and fatigue.
- These oils are directly poured on pulse area so that aroma keeps on diffusing. When these oils are applied on pulsating points, fumes diffusing from it into the air is been inhaled by us. We can use tea tree oil which can help kill off the virus inside the body.