In order to find a solution to any disease it is very necessary to first recognize the symptoms of that disease. One should know that thyroid affects almost every part of your body. If there is a thyroid dysfunction then it should not be neglected. Below given are some of the thyroid symptoms:
- Weight Loss or Gain- Have you ever experienced any drastic weight loss or gain in just few months? So, this is considered to be one of very common symptoms of thyroid disease. Hyperthyroidism results in the over hormone production and causes increase in metabolism thereby resulting in weight loss whereas hypothyroidism results in less hormone production and increases body weight.
- Change in Heart Rate- Just like other various organs of your body, heart also gets effected due to thyroid disorder. Hypothyroidism might result in bradycardia or decrease in heart rate than the normal. On the other hand, hyperthyroidism causes heart pounding. This can also be termed as heart palpitations. So, one must not neglect any of these symptoms and visit a doctor as soon as possible.
- Change in Mood/ Energy- Remember that thyroid disorders might also result in mood swings. You might feel lazy and tired. Hyperthyroidism causes irritability, anxiety, restlessness and sleeping problems whereas hypothyroidism makes people lazy, sluggish and also depressed.
- Abnormal Hair Growth/ Hair Loss- Both hypo and hyperthyroidism causes hair loss. You can even see abnormal hair growth in some areas in women. However, treatment can solve this problem permanently. So, no need to worry.
- Feeling cold or Hot- This thyroid hormone also regulates the overall temperature of the body. It is possible that you feel cold if you have hypothyroidism and too hot if you have hyperthyroidism.
Some of the other thyroid symptoms include brittle nails, dry skin, constipation, numbness, heavy flow menstrual cycles and tingling in hands. However, both these disorders can cause such symptoms. Various other hyperthyroidism symptoms include trembling hands, muscle weakness, diarrhea, vision problems or irregular menstrual periods.
However, thyroid disorders cannot be diagnosed so easily. Even I personally have seen four people suffering from thyroid, however went for medication after many years due to improper diagnosis. So, always visit a proper and authentic thyrocare for the proper diagnosis of your disease. This disorder also needs a regular follow-up after every 3-6 months. Depending on what your doctor recommends after diagnosing you.
Hence, there is no need to worry if you are suffering from any kind of thyroid disorder. Once diagnosed properly, you can go for the treatment and see the results. At the same time it is not necessary that these symptoms are seen only due to thyroid disorder. It might be possible that you are going through any other problem which you are not aware of.
So, in every case do not ignore the symptoms and consult a doctor. He/ she would tell you about your disease and start your treatment. This would save you from causing many other different problems.