There are many symptoms of PMS. About 150 symptoms, including weight gains, mood swings and also acne are the signs of PMS. However, the symptoms of PMS differ from cycle to cycle and woman to woman. These signs can be moderate, mild or severe.
The major causes of PMS include the various thought patterns that constantly take place in the mind and creating confusion to reign. This results in uneasiness and giving strength and power to the outside influences or rejection of any of the feminine processes. PMS involves both emotional and physical and symptoms. Some of the common symptoms are:
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: This involves constipation, upset stomach, diarrhea and nausea
- Nervous system symptoms: Hypersomnia (sleeping abnoramlly), insomnia (sleeplessness), lethargy, agitation, fatigue, dizziness, paresthesia (tingling sensation), clumsiness or less sexual feeling
- Electrolyte and fluid symptoms: Weight gain, anorexia, food carvings or change in appetite, bloating and reduced urination
- Cardiovascular symptoms: Sweating, heart palpitations, red flushing in the neck, upper chest and face
- Skin symptoms: Dry or greasy hair, oily skin and acne
- Physical symptoms: muscle or joint pain, migraine/headache
- Mental symptoms: Indecision, confusion, decreased concentration and difficult in remembering
- Mood-related symptoms: crying, anxiety, sadness, irritability, anger, severe mood swings, tension, low self-esteem and lack of enthusiasm
There are many metaphysical ways to eradicate PMS. Firstly this can be done by changing the thought processes of oneself for life and realizing them about the positive factors of life.
Apart from changing the thoughts of a woman, dietary changes also provide vital relief for PMS especially regulates the menopausal symptoms.
Some of the other important supplements that help in eliminating PMS are:
Flaxseed: This is not only rich in phytoestrogens but also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. This plays a great role in fighting against heart disease. This also lowers cholesterol and helps to fight against breast cancer. Flaxseed prevents heavy bleeding and other discomfort.
Red Clover: This is another phytoestrogen that is rich in bioflavonoids. This helps to decrease hot flashes, fight against osteoporosis and reduce menopausal symptoms.
Vitamin A, E: These vitamins help extremely those who suffer from vaginal dryness, skin dryness, a loss or drying of elasticity,
B-Vitamins: This increases the energy levels and stamina, support liver function, prevents vaginal dryness, maintain functioning of adrenal gland and increase immunity against infection. Also this helps to deal with many other emotional problems.
Calcium: Everyone knows that calcium helps a lot to prevent osteoporosis. This also helps to lower blood pressure and reduce triglyceride levels.
Potassium: This helps to boost energy and also regularizes the heart beat.
Black Cohosh: This helps to prevent hot flashes and menopausal symptoms. This reduces cramps and heavy menstrual periods.
Chasteberry: This acts as progesterone and alleviates PMS symptoms. It is also helpful in reducing breast cancer and irregular bleeding.
St. Johns Wort: This is effective in fighting against depression, fatigue and irritability.
Kava Kava: This is very effective in reducing anxiety, depression, and levels mood swings.
Hence, the best way to eliminate PMS symptoms is to have a balanced diet which is rich in all vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and proteins. This would help you to reduce PMS symptoms without following any medication and drugs.